Saturday, August 23, 2014

How Great is Our God!







Three years ago today I didn't know what I was capable of. Three years ago today I didn't know my true strength. Three years ago today I was selfish. Three years ago I was overwhelmed with thanksgiving. Three years ago today I thought I knew what a good mom was. Three years ago today I didn't know what I didn't know. Three years ago today I held in my arms the greatest gift I have ever been given.

Today we celebrated our miracle baby. Overwhelmed with gratitude for The Lord entrusting me with this gift, I cherished every moment of this day, her 3rd birthday. The fully present moments of this day included last minute party shopping, a FROZEN party complete with an icecream sundae bar, welcoming "sharky" (the fish) to the family and celebrating with family and friends. 

When Addyson was a couple days old I remember rocking her in my arms. Through teary eyes I would sing "How Great is Our God." For nights on end I would rock, sing and thank God for the miracle of her life. 

Even now when Addyson is struggling to fall asleep, singing that song can calm her. The words of the song alone are meaningful but the words are so much more meaningful when you have had moments when God is silent. . 

Being fully present in the moment helps me recognize how great God is and recognizing how great God is helps me be fully present in the moment.</span>

No comments:

Post a Comment