Saturday, November 29, 2014

"Dance Me"

With the onset of "Frozen" and it's instant popularity amongst little (and adult) girls everywhere my Miracle Baby is all about princesses. I will never forget when she saw my wedding picture hanging on the wall and with wide eyed wonder asked/stated "Mama, You're a Princess?" From that point on, all things princess have invaded our world. And with this addition has come the simple joy of dancing. One of Addyson's  favorite things to do is watch "Frozen" and dance to the musical numbers intertwined throughout the movie. We love to belt out "Let it Go" with the best of them, but we also have to dance and act out the scenes.

I will never forget the spring day that my precious miracle baby called to me from the living room as I prepared dinner and said "Dance Me". When she wants to dance in a request/command like innocence she says "Mama, dance me."  And in perfect fully present fashion I was frozen (no pun intended) in my tracks as forgot about the dinner needing to be finished and danced in the kitchen with my favorite girl. 

It is in moments like this that I am still amazed that  I am a mama to this wide eyed and very energetic girl. But is is also these kind of moments that make me realize how easily distracted I can be. With being a working mom, involved in youth ministry with my hubby, and attempting to keep my life and house organized, I can so easily loose sight of the things in my life that are the most important...like stopping and dancing with my daughter. You see there will be a day when she will want her space and will be too cool for her mother. I will dream of days like this and hope that it shows her that I am never too busy to stop when she needs me. This fully present moment got my attention and has helped me be more intentional about the moments that really matter. 

Living fully present in the moment dancing with my princess!

No comments:

Post a Comment